Some Controversy has arisen over the Christmas song “Baby It’s Cold Outside”. It’s being pulled from Radio Stations across the country because listeners object to the lyrics, suggesting the song pushes the line of consent and is inappropriate in the age of the #MeToo movement.
Does it? Really? Or are people reading to much into this holiday classic? And if getting rid of one Christmas song…we have to get rid of them all.
Think about this…….
– Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: “They used to laugh and call him names” – Bullying
– Holly Jolly Christmas: “Kiss her once for me?” – Unwanted advances
– White Christmas: “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas” – Racist
– Santa Claus is Coming to Town: “He sees you when you’re sleeping? Knows when you’re awake?” – Creeper/Stalker/Peeping Tom
– Frosty the SnowMAN: (why not a snow woman) Sexist
– Do You Hear What I Hear: blatant disregard for the hearing impaired
– Jingle Bell Rock: Giddy up jingle horse, pick up your feet. animal abuse
– Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: Make the yuletide GAY? Wow, just wow
So if we’re pulling “Baby It’s Cold Outside” perhaps we should just ban Christmas Music all together.