For the latest information and evacuation details check here often, as this will be updated on a rolling basis.
If you need to evacuate or THINK you may have to, read this and GET PREPARED!!! (C\O the Red Cross)
Live Maps of fires burning right now in California (Courtesy of our partner ABC 10)
Live incident page (including containment %) from Cal Fire
SCU Lightning Complex Fires Update (Click on graphic to be taken directly to incident page)
(Counties affected:Multiple locations throughout Santa Clara County, Alameda County, Contra Costa County, San Joaquin County, Merced and Stanislaus County )
WHERE: SANTA CLARA COUNTY – ZONE 2B
East of Sierra Rd. and Felter Rd., East of Milpitas and San Jose City Limits to the fire perimeter
North of Mt. Hamilton Rd. to the Alameda/Santa Clara County Line
Marsh Rd. remains closed at the fire perimeter located at Arroyo Hondo Bridge
WHERE: SANTA CLARA COUNTY – ZONE 3C
Quimby Rd. north to Hwy 130
East of San Jose city limits to Mt. Hamilton Rd
South of Mt. Hamilton Rd. to Quimby Rd
Mt. Hamilton Rd. west to the San Jose City Limits
WHAT: EVACUATION ORDER TO WARNING
WHEN: Effective Immediately
WHERE: SANTA CLARA COUNTY – ZONE 3D
South of Quimby Rd. and Hwy 130
West of the Dozer Line to the San Jose City Limits and San Felipe Rd.
East of the San Jose City Limits and San Felipe Rd. to the Dozer Line
North of a straight line from the intersection of Shingle Valley Rd. at Metcalf Rd. to the Dozer Line.
WHERE: SANTA CLARA COUNTY – ZONE 5C
South of a straight line from the interseciton of Shingle Valley Rd. at Metcalf Rd. to the dozer line.
West of the Dozer Line to Shingle Valley Rd., Anderson Lake, Coyote Creek, and Coyote Lake.
North of Gilroy Hot Springs Rd.
WHERE: SANTA CLARA COUNTY – ZONE 5D
East of Kaiser Aetna Rd. to the Santa Clara County Line
North of Hwy 152 to the Fire Perimeter
South of the Fire Perimeter to Hwy 152
West of the Santa Clara County Line to Kaiser Aetna Rd.
NOTES: Please go to: www.tinyurl.com/scu-evacmap for an online evacuation map.
LNU Lightning Complex Fires Update (Click on graphic to be taken directly to incident page)
(Counties affected: includes Hennessey, Gamble, Spanish, Markley, Napa and Sonoma county)
EVACUATION ORDERS/ADVISORY LIFTED – Yolo County
WHAT: Manditory Evacuation Orders(s) Lifted: The formal announcement of lifting evacuations in an area currently under evacuation.
WHAT: Evacuation Advisory(s) Lifted: The formal announcement of lifting evacuations in an area currently under evacuation
WHEN: Effective Immediately
WHERE: The following Manditory Evacuation Order reduced to a Evacuation Advisory affecting Yolo County:
Zone 1: (Partial)) is reduced to an Evacuation Advisory:
- All areas and residents of Evacuation Zone 1, East of the fire’s edge and South of County Road 41.Zone 2: (Partial)) is reduced to an Evacuation Advisory:
- All areas and residents of Evacuation Zone 2, East of SR-16, East of Rumsey Canyon Road.The Evacuation Advisory affecting Yolo County:Zone 3: Is fully lifted for all residentsNOTE: All previously established traffic control points remain
CZU Lightning Complex Update (Click on graphic to be taken directly to the page)
(Counties affected: Various locations across San Mateo and Santa Cruz Counties)
WHEN: 6:00 p.m. Monday, August 31, 2020
WHERE: 361 Kings Village Road, Scotts Valley, behind the Community Center building in the area of the breezeway.
NOTES: Please arrive early and follow directions for parking area. Please ensure use of COVID masks.
View the most current evacuation information at: www.smco.community.zonehaven.com
Residents who would like to receive email updates can follow the link below to opt-in: https://tinyurl.com/czulightning
CZU AUGUST LIGHTNING COMPLEX INCIDENT UPDATE 08/31/20 7 PM
A Resource Assistance Center (RAC) is open at 140 Front Street, Santa Cruz, for residents affected by the CZU Lightning Complex. Firefighters, utility workers and heavy equipment operators are busy working to mitigate safety concerns to ensure that residents can return home safely. The California National Guard troops were on the fireline today, working side by side with fire crews, mopping up hot spots and patrolling the fireline. Very warm and dry conditions continue inland through the end of the week, with local temperatures well above normal. More significant warming is anticipated into this coming week. Many known and unknown hazards exist following an intense fire. This includes fire weakened or dead trees that can fall without warning, burned out stumps creating holes under trails and damage to parking areas and roads. Fire Suppression Repair Teams have begun implementing their plan in the affected areas. The number of destroyed structures reflected may change as teams continue to make progress and damage inspection is now 97% complete. Be aware that traffic interruptions may exist due to fire and utilities equipment working in the area.
Santa Cruz County CZU Lightning Complex damage information: Here
EVACUATION WARNINGS FOR SAN MATEO COUNTY:
No Evacuation Warnings currently in place
EVACUATION ORDERS FOR SAN MATEO COUNTY:
- Communities of Loma Mar and Dearborn Park Area (Zone SMC E018) (8/18/2020 5:00 pm)
- Pescadero Creek County Park Area (Zone SMC E024)) (8/18/2020 5:00 pm)
- Butano Community Area (Zone SMC E098) (8/18/2020 5:00 pm)
- Butano State Park Area including Barranca Knolls Community (Zone SMC E019) (8/18/2020 5:00 pm)
- Butano Creek Drainage (Zone SMC E055) (8/18/2020 4:30 pm) (8/18/2020 4:30 pm)
- South Skyline Blvd. Area near Highway 9 (SMC E049) (8/18/2020 11:00 pm)EVACUATION WARNINGS FOR SANTA CRUZ COUNTY:No Evacuation Warnings currently in placeEVACUATION ORDERS FOR SANTA CRUZ COUNTY:
- Waterman Gap Loop, Upper HWY 236, Boulder Creek Golf Course, Heartwood Hill, Lodge Road, Community of Little Basin, Lower China Grade, Upper China Grade, Community of Kings Hwy, Lower Jamison Creek, Gallion Heights, Fallen Leaf Neighborhood, Foxglove Lane (Zones CRZ10, CRZ13, BOU20, BOU30, BOU31, BOU36, BOU37, BOU21) (8/18/2020 10 pm)
- Saratoga Toll Road, San Lorenzo Park, Riverside Grove-Community of Teilh Drive, Wildwood Road (BOU38, BOU39, BOU40, BOU41, BOU42, BOU43) (8/18/2020 10 pm)
- Everyone on Empire Grade Road, from Felton Empire north, all of Pine Flat Road, all of Ice Cream Grade, Bonny Doon Road, in between Pine Flat Road, Martin Road, and all associated side streets are under an evacuation order. Areas west of State Route 35 from San Mateo County Line to State Route 17. (CRZ1, CRZ2, CRZ3, CRZ4, CRZ5, CRZ10, CRZ11, CRZ12, CRZ13, CRZ14B) (8/19/2020 1:00 am)
- Bonny Doon south of Ice Cream Grade, to include Pine Flat Road South. (CRZ7, CRZ8) (8/19/2020 1:00 am)
- Areas of Alba Road, Hubbard Gulch and Fanning Grade. (BEN 1) (8/19/2020 6:00 pm)
- All areas adjacent to the Bonny Doon and San Lorenzo Valley should be prepared to evacuate if necessary. (CRZ7, CRZ8) (8/20/2020 1:00 am)
- Area in BEN-2, specifically Valley View Road
- EVACUATION CENTERSSan Mateo County
- Half Moon Bay High School, 1 Lewis Foster Drive, Half Moon BaySanta Cruz County
- Santa Cruz County Fairground, 2601 E. Lake Avenue in Watsonville
- Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium, 307 Church Street, Santa Cruz (AT CAPACITY)
- Seventh Day Adventist Camp Grounds, 1931 Soquel San Jose Rd (AT CAPACITY)
- Cabrillo College, 6500 Soquel Drive, Aptos CA
- Simpkins Family Swim Center, 919 17th Ave (ADA only)
- Twin Lakes Church, 2701 Cabrillo College Drive
- Congregational Church Shelter, 4951 Soquel Dr, Soquel
- Harbor High School, 300 La Fonda Ave, Santa Cruz
- Rodeway Inn , 1620 West Beach St, Watsonville
- Coastlands Church, 280 State Park, Dr, Aptos
San Mateo County
- State Route 1 at Gazos Creek
- Cloverdale Road between Pescadero Creek Road and Gazos Creek.
- Pescadero Creek Road at Butano cut off
- Pescadero Creek Road at Burns Valley Road
Santa Cruz County
- State Route 1 at Lower Swanton Road to Ano Nuevo
- Back Ranch Road at Majors Road
- Warnella Road at Cement Plant Road
- Empire Grade at Twin Gates
- Felton Empire grade at The Felton Cemetery
- State Route 9 at State Route 35 to San Lorenzo Valley High School
- Alba Road at State Route 9
- Hubbard Gulch Road at State Route 9
- Valley View Road at Fiddlesticks Drive
- El Solyo Heights Drive at State Route 9
- Bear Creek Road at Amber Ridge Loop to Boulder Creek
Animal Evacuation Center:
Santa Cruz County Fairgrounds, 2601 E. Lake Avenue in Watsonville
Large farm animals are being accepted at Cowpalace. For information and assistance contact (650) 450-0520.
Watsonville Animal Shelter, 580 Airport Blvd
Resource Assistance Center: 140 Front Street, Santa Cruz
Cameras throughout California:
Satellite view (use the top left square & click “Animation Loop” or whatever you like)
Here’s a still photo showing many of the fires & the smoke plumes taken 2020 August 19 at 3:20 pm Pacific Time.
Cal-Fire Communications: (You can listen to Cal Fire’s radio communications)
Road Closures: (Click the link to go to CHP incident pages)
US National Weather Service
Here’s how you can help!
The Red Cross depends on financial donations to be able to provide disaster relief immediately. You can help people affected by disasters like wildfires by making a gift to Red Cross Disaster Relief. Your gift enables the Red Cross to prepare for, respond to and help people recover from disasters big and small. Visit redcross.org, call 800-RED-CROSS, or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.